An individuals immigration status may be changed if they were inspected and admitted or paroled into the U.S. and is able to meet all of the required qualifications for a greed card in a particular category. The common term for a change to permanent status is "adjustment of status."

Adjustment of status is the process by which an eligible individual already in the United Status can get permanent resident status without having to return to their home country to complete the visa process.

If your application for adjust of status is denied, you may be eligible for an appeal. If your decision is appealable generally, you must file the appeal within 30 days of service of the decision. You can also file a Motion to Reopen or Reconsider.

The process of status adjustment can be complex and overwhelming. Consulting with experienced and competent counsel can ease the burden of making sure that everything is completed thoroughly and accurately.

The office of Guirguis Law provides clients of all needs equal representation, equal respect and equal effort. We believe in providing clients effective legal assistance to achieve their goals. Whether you are seeking asylum in the U.S., looking to extend your opportunity for work or education or want to become a permanent citizen, our immigration attorney works with you to reach your goals. We help you fill out and file necessary paperwork, petition the courts and understand the process along with providing representation in hearings and court proceedings.

Take advantage of our initial consultation, multilingual services in English, Spanish and Arabic, and our client-focused international practice. Contact us today to get started.