The United States is a nation of immigrants and throughout it's history, foreign citizens have come to the U.S. seeking a better way of life. Such immigrants have undoubtedly strengthened the country.
There are many benefits to citizenship in the United States including but not limited to:
- Bringing family members to the United States
- Obtaining citizenship for children abroad
- Traveling with a U.S. passport
- Eligibility for Federal jobs
- Running for Elected Offices
Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national once the requirement laid out in the Immigration and Nationality act are met.
You may qualify for Naturalization if:
- You have been a permanent resident for 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements.
- You have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more and meet all eligibility requirements to file as a spouse of a U.S. citizen.
- You have qualifying service in the U.S. armed forces and meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Your child my qualify if you are a U.S. citizen, the child was born outside of the U.S., the child is currently residing outside of the U.S., and all other eligibility requirements are met.
More information about other paths to naturalization is available in the Guide to Naturalization provided by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
The office of Guirguis Law provides clients of all needs equal representation, equal respect and equal effort. We believe in providing clients effective legal assistance to achieve their goals. Whether you are seeking asylum in the U.S., looking to extend your opportunity for work or education or want to become a permanent citizen, our immigration attorney works with you to reach your goals. We help you fill out and file necessary paperwork, petition the courts and understand the process along with providing representation in hearings and court proceedings.
Take advantage of our initial consultation, multilingual services in English, Spanish and Arabic, and our client-focused international practice. Contact us today to get started.